E-Logistics Application - Intrepid Business Solutions
Intrepid Business Solutions LLC is an American company of online commerce who owns four virtual stores with thousands of products each. These stores were created using the e-commerce platform from Yahoo Small Business.
Intrepid contacted us because they needed us to develop a logistical middleware application. This application was meant to interface with the existent in-house systems or with the systems bought from third-party solutions suppliers, as well as with the APIs and the partners systems.
Essentially, the logistical application made by TreeWorks has the following functions:
- importing and processing client orders from the Yahoo e-commerce system to the 4intrepid system (XML real time feeds)
- separating products by suppliers (direct shipping wholesale suppliers and shipping orders from the Intrepid warehouse)
- automated batch-ordering for direct-shipping products, depending on the providers' systems (using HTTP, SOAP, automated e-mails, generating Excel files with predefined formats and Pdf files with fax-sending)
- invoice number returning from the wholesale providers systems (HTTP parsing, retrieval and e-mail parsing, SOAP query)
- tracking numbers query and retrieval from the carriers systems (UPS, USPS, Fedex, Canada Mail, Endicia), tracking status and shipping route (XML feeds, e-mail parsing)
- generating shipping numbers and payments for orders from the Intreprid warehouse, for carrier services (interface with the Worldship application belonging to USPS through ODBC)
- shipping info updating (delivery numbers and status) into the Yahoo system (automated XML-formatted emails)
- giving clients the possibility to monitor their order (shipping status, location of the product and estimated delivery time) using a complex search engine with a front-end on each site and common database
- payment management through checks and Paypal
- complex management for orders
- generating statistics using various criteria
The application is especially complex. TreeWorks created it in several phases, giving special attention to scalability, security and continuous uptime.You can see a larger diagram of the system by clicking here.
The back-end of the application was updated in the autumn of 2005. This update allowed for the addition of many more stores and suppliers.